Friday, August 28, 2009

Updates after a busy couple weeks....

Well I haven't updated in a while since the fair was last week and school started this week. I thought I'd take a minute and jot some things down...

I had several WOW moments since returning to school. The first one was at the inservice on Tuesday. One of the fitness teachers who was here during the summer while I was working out came over and commented on how great I look! I hadn't been to the fitness center for a few weeks due to vacation and the fair so hadn't seen him. I had been doing other activities, just not the fitness center. Well, I tell ya, what better wow than to have a gym teacher tell you that you're doing great?? I was so over the moon happy! I finally told him about the surgery (hadn't said anything previously, just that I was trying to lose weight) and he was so supportive. He offered to be my workout buddy once released by the doc to resume exercise! AWESOME! So I'll have my very own personal trainer!

Next wow... I fit in a student desk!! Last year it was a tight squeeze and I dreaded having to get back out of it to help the student I'm assigned to. Now I can pop right out and the desk doesn't groan!

Next wow.... tried on a pair of white capris today that were too tight last year... they are baggy! VERY baggy! Wore them with an extra large shirt that I bought thinking it would fit after surgery. Now I'm thinking I need to buy an even smaller size! It's our "official" school spirit shirt the staff is allowed to wear on Fridays....

next wow... one of the teachers came up to me and asked me who I was. I was sitting in the desk behind my student... She didn't recognise me with shorter hair and smaller hips!

I'm down a total of 51 lbs since Christmas....

Ok, back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment