Friday, August 7, 2009

I had my mind erased and my face melted off!

No, I wasn't the victim of torture, but rather spent 5 days at Kingdom Bound Christian Festival at Darien Lake Theme Park!

Last year I was so embarrassed when I went to ride the Mind Eraser roller coaster with some members of our youth group. The ride attendant made me get off because I was "too fat" for the restraint to close properly. This year I am back down to the weight I was 2 years ago when I did fit, so we decided to try it again.

We entered the theme park and made a bee-line for the coaster. I was nervous as all get out all the way over! I was so afraid of being embarrassed again. My stomach was doing flip flops and twists and turns even before getting on the ride...

We decided to ride the front car so we were the first the attendant strapped in. He lowers the bar and CLICK CLICK CLICK! It clicked the mandatory 3 clicks it needed to in order for the restraint to be properly secured! I was instantly calm and SO STINKIN' HAPPY! I started crying! I was on the ride with one of our youth members, and he grabbed my hand and squeezed it. He knew what was going on, and was so happy for me!

We got off the ride and skipped all the way down the ramp! What a great feeling! He promised me NEXT year we were going to ride the Ride of Steel very first thing! I can't wait until next year!!

Kingdom Bound was so amazing for so many reasons. Saw some awesome concerts. Monday I camped out at the park stage all day to see some of my favorites. Skillet was the headliner. They have a new album coming out in a few weeks. They played one of their new songs. When they introduced the song, they said "If this song is rockin' and melts your face off, you have to share the word!"

So Skillet melted my face off after my mind was erased!

No comments:

Post a Comment