Saturday, June 19, 2010

Father's Day Weekend

So far it's been a great weekend!  Yesterday we went to the annual Geisinger Medical Center and Gift of Life Transplant Picnic at Knoebel's Grove Amusement Park.  It was really nice seeing some of our friends from the transplant office in a social situation instead of at clinic.  Devan is doing ok, no change in his numbers.  Unfortunately that means he's not improving though either.  They are talking some more about the biopsy, and it looks like we may be going through with it in August.

Here are some pictures of the boys being "boys" at Knoebels:













This is Devan on the motor boats














Here are Devan (in the back), Paul Jr and Brandon playing with the "diggers".  Boys never outgrow cool toys!


On a weight loss note, I was very happy to finally ride the two wooden roller coasters at Knoebels!  The Twister coaster is actually an old favorite of mine.  When I lived in Colorado, Twister was at the "old" Elitch Gardens in Denver.  They sold the original park, and Twister moved to Knoebels!  I was one of the last people to ride it when it was in Denver, so couldn't wait to finally fit in it here!  Twister 2 is at the new Elitch Gardens, and the last time I rode it I came away with very bruised hips because I had gained so much weight.  That was the last time I ever rode a wooden coaster, so for me to fit comfortably on TWO coasters yesterday was a big thrill!

Lastly, I wanted to share the card I made for my dad for Father's Day.  I finally got my Square Lattice Embossing folder for the Big Shot.  It has been on backorder forever!  No wonder though, it is the COOLEST and most versatile texture I have played with in a long time.  You can do so much with it!  I used it to mimic the chrome skid-proofing on the foot rests of my dad's bike as a base for the card.  
Here are the deets:

Stamps:  Motorcycle (I love our single stamp options!)
Paper:  Brushed Silver, Basic Black, Shimmery White
Ink: Black Staz-on
Accessories:  Photo Corners Punch, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Clips Assortment, Silver Brads, Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Aqua Painter, Paper Piercing tool

Dad loved the card and the metal motorcycle sculpture I found for him at Hobby Lobby in Ithica.  Much better than the standard gift card he usually gets!  So glad I found the sculpture.  Dad normally buys anything and everything he ever wants or needs, so he's the toughest guy to buy for.  When I saw the sculpture, I knew it was perfect!

Well, off to finish some graduation cards and other projects.  I'm the arts and crafts director for our summer Parks and Rec program, so have to get some samples finished for next week's session.  I am so thankful for losing 144 pounds and having so much more energy!

1 comment:

  1. Great card, Tina! Love all the layers and elements.. and the clip! Great job!

    ReplyDelete